Ger Lor is a BTC 9th grade student attending St. Paul Central High School. Check out what he has to say about Breakthrough in his interview below!
1. If someone had never heard of BTC, what is the one thing you would say to help them understand what BTC does?
BTC is a summer program that helps you prepare for college. And BTC will be with you until your graduate from high school.
2. What motivated you to be a part of Breakthrough?
My friends; they really wanted me to join and they told me it would be a great experience for me.
3. How has BTC impacted you?
I feel like BTC has made me more confident in myself and in sharing my ideas.
4. Why have you stayed involved in BTC?
Because I like the students here; they are not like the students in regular school. They’re not as rude and they’re more energetic, they want to be here.
5. What is your favorite Breakthrough Code and why?
“Be Grateful” – because being grateful shows that you care for someone. I like how the teachers and the students show each other that they are grateful for each other.
6. If you could give Breakthrough a shoutout, what would it be for?
I would like to give Breakthrough a shoutout for being with me and there for me even when I’m sad and don’t want to participate. Breakthrough pushes me to participate and put a smile on my face.