There are several opportunities within Breakthrough Twin Cities to donate your time and talent – and believe us, it helps! We rely on people who want to help our students achieve their full potential.
ACT PRACTICE TEST GRADING
We are looking for two to five volunteers to grade practice ACT exams that our students take in order to prepare for the ACT (a major college admissions exam in the United States). No prior experience is necessary; volunteers will use a rubric to grade the four sections of the ACT exam (English, Reading, Math, and Science). This work can be done remotely. Total commitment time from volunteers will be between two and five hours. This volunteer opportunity will take place through November and December. If interested, please contact Nick Hamel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteers can support the staff at BTC by helping with administrative tasks, including monthly mailings, seasonal data entry, occasional supply inventory, and organization. Qualifications include attention to detail and strong organizational skils. This work may be done either at our Mounds Park Academy site or remotely, depending on exact needs and circumstances of the project. This is an ongoing volunteer opportunity. If interested, please contact Trevor Killeen at email@example.com.
ADDITIONAL VOLUNTEER NEEDS
If you have an interest in any of the volunteer positions listed below, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our current needs. Thank you!
- Benefit event planning and execution
- Language translation (eg at parent-teacher conferences, family celebration event, etc), particularly Hmong, Spanish, Somali, Karen, Oromo, Vietnamese, and Amharic.
- Financial literacy presenter
- Supply drive coordinator
- Career panel
- Host a company tour for students
- Host a job shadow for a student
- Resume writing and interview skills support
- Essay coaching (seasonal)
- Student selection committee (seasonal)
- Teaching Fellow selection committee (seasonal)