Program Managers are responsible for managing personnel and processes across our three program sites (with likely increases of sites over time and with commensurate support). Program Managers will support our intensive summer programming across sites.
One Program Manager will focus on our mission to support students and families on the path to college. This student- & family-focused Program Manager will manage the recruitment, selection, and enrollment of new students and families each year, and will manage family and student engagement year-round. This Program Manager will also support program design during our school-year program and cultivate resources or partnerships to connect students and families with on a regular basis.
- Work as a team with the Program Director and College Counselors to envision, design, and innovate on programming at a big-picture level, utilizing data, stakeholder input, and relevant frameworks, research, and resources.
- Design organization-wide processes to support implementation of program goals and outcomes, adjusting and growing these processes along the way.
- Supervise, train, and empower site-level program staff that work directly with our students (Deans of Students, Promise Fellows or Interns) or Teaching Fellows/Coaches (Deans of Faculty).
- Manage the multi-faceted processes of recruitment, selection, and enrollment for either students.
- Manage, support and engage in Saturday Programming once a month (designed by the Deans of Students and implemented by School-Year Coaches).
- Design, manage, and engage in our intensive Summer Programming during 9 weeks from June through August (implemented by Deans, Teaching Fellows, and Program Interns).
- Assist with additional programming and evaluation tasks, as assigned, with occasional storytelling and development support.
- Build high-quality, professional relationships with BTC students, families, teaching fellows, instructional coaches, site staff, and partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong sense of purpose and vision for expanding educational opportunities for aspiring educators and under-resourced youth
- Ability to initiate and follow through on ideas; strong leadership and organization skills
- Experience working with diverse groups of people
- Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer and data management skills (experience with Excel preferred)
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of personalities, ages, and situations requiring diplomacy, friendliness, poise, and firmness
- Flexibility and willingness to adjust as needed to best serve the program mission
- Access to reliable transportation (travel is expected during the day within the Twin Cities metro area)
- Breakthrough, LearningWorks, or Summerbridge experience
- Proficiency in one of the following languages: Hmong, Karen, Oromo, Spanish
- 2-3 years of experience in youth programming and/or study in a relevant field (including, but not limited to Education, Cultural Studies, Psychology, Youth Studies, Social Work/Counseling)
Terms of Employment:
Dates/Times: This position is a full-time, year-round position with benefits.
- School-Year Program (mid-August through mid-June):
- 40 hours/week, with a variability in schedule based on recruitment sessions, and occasional evening programming or events
- Saturday Sessions once a month (7 AM – 2 PM)
- Summer Program (9 weeks mid-June through mid-August):
- Extended Hours (50 hours/week)
- 7:00 AM – 5:30 PM for the first three weeks (Orientation and first week of Student Programming)
- Regular Hours (40 hours/week)
- 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM for 6 weeks with students
- 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM for the last week (Wrap-Up)
- Occasional Evening Hours & One All-Day Saturday Event
Work Location: Most work takes place at our headquarters at Mounds Park Academy (2051 Larpenteur Ave E.) plus recruitment sessions in the surrounding metro area. Access to a car or reliable transportation is required.
Compensation: $42,000-$48,000 annual salary depending on experience and qualifications
To Apply: Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Program Manager” and attach an updated resumé, cover letter, and three references. Priority will be given to applicants who submit these before May 17, 2021.